Traffic in Kansas City yesterday am, courtesy of Reuters. I am happy to report I was not one of those cars. I left home before the snow started and made it in just fine. However, my car did not make it home, which means today is the 3rd time in 28 years of commuting I did not make it to my appointed rounds.
1. If you have a co-worker who lives in Lawrence and you get her car dug out it is wise for the two of you to go home together in that one car and leave the other behind.
2. When it's going to snow more than 6 inches you should drive the 4-runner to work.
3. A shovel should remain in the trunk of your car from October to April.
4. If you pack a bag in case you might get stuck at work, don't walk off and leave it by the door.
5. The threat of a parking ticket should not stop you from parking in the garage in a blizzard.
6. There are a lot of cute young people living around the med center who think it's fun to help two mature women get their car "unstuck".
I wish I had gotten the names of the couple who helped us out... along with their photo! What was I thinking not having my camera on me at a time like this? Oh yeah, item number 7 on the list... safety first.