For those of you who wondered what knitting project I was finishing up the other day, here it is! Blocked, seamed, and ready for an outing.
It is the Lolita. I think you could call it a vest. Perfect for these in between seasons when you might want something a little bit warm but not too hot.
I love the open design created by the yarn-overs. This pattern requires a bit of faith and just blind following of the instructions. I was not at all sure how the whole thing was going to come together until I was almost done and finally figured it out.
It comes down to just below your waist in the back and longer in the front. I would normally make a large but settled on the medium after trying on the store sample. I'm glad I did. It fits perfectly. Which of course you can not tell from the photo below so you will have to take my word for it.
The yarn I used is pictured below. Different than what the pattern called for, but it worked out very well and was really nice to knit with.
Once I got the hang of this pattern, which I will admit took a few tries, it was an easy knit. Enough variation to keep it interesting but not so hard that I couldn't talk at all while I was knitting. Except for those few times before I had the hang of it I mean, when I might have appeared to be a little on the "testy" side in knitting class.